Thursday, July 18, 2019

Spent

Inspirational song: Dela (Johnny Clegg and Savuka)

I made it through the entire day without turning on the air conditioner in the house. It got warm in here, but having closed up the place early this morning, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. It was the warmest day of the year so far, reaching 100 in several localities nearby. The news says Denver missed that mark just barely, but the car told me that wasn't the case for all of northern Colorado. What's that? The car? Yeah, I survived the heat of the day by driving down to Thornton with the car a/c blasting on high. I'm not as dumb as I look. When we got home from Costco, the cats were draped around the floors like a Salvador Dali painting, but they would have been even less happy with me had I taken them for a drive in the cold car.

I keep trying to live a normal life in this last week before the next infusion, but my body is fighting me on it. Just one solid lap around Costco left me drained by the time we returned. I'm not going to give up. I can't let the whole month go without a little bit of fun and productivity. I've made a few plans for activity and entertainment next week while my number one kid is here. Looking forward to seeing how much I get to.

I did manage to recover, once the sun started to set, enough to go water out front. Somewhere along the way while I was down with the nausea and fatigue, not leaving my bedroom, all of my flowers bloomed and faded. There are still a few spots of color around, but nothing looks fresh anymore. I kind of know how that feels.






No comments:

Post a Comment