Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Spike

Inspirational song: Annie, Get Your Gun (Squeeze)

Life is super boring right now. By necessity, I am spending basically all day in bed. That might change tomorrow, but I’m not putting money on it. It would be nice to escape the room, however. A reduced ability for me to shower with regularity and not giving the sheets a chance to breathe has made this room a bit whiffy. (Same can be said for my own bad self.)

I was home alone most of the day. The Mr went up to the mountain to do road maintenance, on the forest service roads approaching the property, not on any so-called road that exists leading directly to the cabin. The last few times he and T went up, it rained super hard on them, and the roads flooded in places so badly they weren’t sure they could successfully get the truck home. The neighbor to the claim has a tractor that Mr S-P was able to use to cut channels in the road to divert water, and to put just a little dirt back in the biggest problem spot. And I haven’t gotten him to admit it, but I bet using the big machinery was the highlight of his day.

I’m still fighting the headache. I made it through the day with just Tylenol, but I had to step up to Tramadol later in the day. Even that isn’t touching it now. I can’t take anything stronger. I’ve maxed out what I can tolerate. I turned on the tv a couple of times, and so many things on there made it worse. I watched less than half an hour of the presidential debate, but the arguing killed my head. Then I watched an episode of drunk history, and just the idea of drinking that much alcohol made me want to cry. I’m not sure I’ll ever want to do that again, risking another headache like this or an upset stomach. It sounds too painful. The sad part is this is the improved cycle, with a weaker concentration of the meds that make me sick.

I found out from an internet ad that Squeeze is going to be playing at a nearby theater coming up soon. (Nearby meaning Arvada, maybe? I’ve forgotten already.) I really want to make attending it my “I completed chemo” goal. And then I remembered that the music would be loud, and I’m not fully convinced this headache will ever actually leave me. It feels like a part of me now.


No comments:

Post a Comment