Thursday, March 3, 2022

As Always

Inspirational song: Scales and Arpeggios (The Aristocats)

The best kid in Colorado was her best self again today. Full of charm and enthusiasm, and purposefully funny. She still keeps words to a minimum, but she did drop a couple new ones today. The one I remember is when she was staring at Jackie, who was giving her the same concerned look she always does. I said what I always do, "That's Jackie, and she's afraid of you." Val walked back over to me, and I heard her say under her breath, "Ackie."

I made a GF mac and cheese for all of us, and she did a good job eating that. I'm pleased with her fork skills. I missed a big jump from a while back when she would spear things with her fork, and then use her hand to pull food from the tines and put it in her mouth. We are much more sophisticated now. She's also getting much better about following instructions, either from me or in screen games, and even multi-step instructions are no problem for her. I'm also happy with how easy it is to get her to go down for her nap these days. She knows the routine, and I think she likes the space that is reserved for her. She has a little milk and settles into the guest bed, usually asleep in 15 minutes or less. She creeps out when she's done. Not sure why she thinks she has to be sneaky about it. As far as I'm concerned, if she thinks she's done with her nap, then she's done. As long as she feels rested enough, I won't argue.

I failed to get many pictures today. In fact, I only got one of her at the piano, right before her bath. There were two short videos of when I showed her YouTube reviews of my soon-to-be car. ("Grandma will have a car that looks like this!") She was a lot cuter once her hair was washed and brushed, with some natural baby curls at the ends. But we were busy getting ready for her daddy to pick her up to take more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment