Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Catch My Breath

Inspirational song: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (AC/DC)

You would think somewhere in the week plus since the surgery, I would get my normal breathing patterns back. But no. It was so bad after a quick trip to the car wash and vacuum, my favorite pharmacy tech looked sad and said I sounded so awful she wished she could breathe for me. I checked readings all day. At good times, oxygen saturation was between 90 and 92. Not sure I should admit in front of my parents how low it got when I was really winded. I see my rheumatologist in the morning, and we can talk about it then.

I took a bunch of pictures of the car while I was at the car wash. (I did it there because it's nobody's business seeing my house in the background.) My concierge will use them to beat up the Hyundai dealer on how much they will give me for trade. I am so glad I have her to do the dirty work for me. She is ruthless, and I give in too easily. I'm very glad now that I kept that car in such good shape. Yes, there are a few tiny dings, but no accidents, no tears in the leather, etc. I'll probably get downgraded for the tires not being brand new, but whatever. Less than 80,500 miles as of today, for a 2013 car.

It was game night, and we played next door. We had a birthday to celebrate, St Patrick's day food to eat, and Ukraine to toast with our whiskey. We played two rounds of Donner Dinner Party, and I left there happily tired and grateful to the ends of the earth that these people are my close friends. I mostly took pictures of Valerie, because her mommy was at work, missing her like crazy. I understand that completely. I miss her when she's not here too. Come to think of it, I miss my own girls when they're not here, so it seems totally relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment