Saturday, March 26, 2022

Zoomer

Inspirational song: What'd I Miss (Hamilton)

Does anyone else of my generation sing a little zooma-zooma-zooma-zoom when stuck in online meetings these last few years? Just me?

I was logged into a zoom webinar all day, from before 8 this morning until something like 3 this afternoon. Thank goodness they chose the webinar format. I didn't have to be on camera or say a single word. I didn't even break to take a shower until after my breakaway meeting, just before noon. There were something like 250 attendees. Only a handful of people had speaking privileges, and I certainly didn't want them. In fact, compared to assemblies past, it was so pleasantly restrained. Granted, I also didn't have the responsibility to moderate the chat or Q&A section. I can't imagine what that was like. With everything I have going on right now, I wisely declined to volunteer to be a delegate at the state assembly this time around. They can go on without me.

Our visit with the baby was extra long this afternoon. She was a whole handful, as can be expected. That personality is coming along nicely. After being reminded that crayons belong only on paper several times, she started repeating, "paperrrr" back at me in the cutest voice possible. And her sweet tooth came out when a mini Hershey bar was in front of her. I know she said chocolate, but I'm pretty sure what came out started with a T. She'll get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment