Sunday, March 6, 2022

Crap

Inspirational song: Give a Little Bit (Supertramp)

The local wild animal rescue put out a wish list on their Facebook page, asking for "baby shower" gifts. They mean that they need supplies for the upcoming spring babies they will almost surely be rescuing and raising until they can be released back into the wild. Mr S-P is a big fan of this particular organization, and has donated many things to them over the years. So while we were out, we went by Walmart and loaded up a cart with some of the big bulky items on the list--unscented dish soap, paper products, trash bags, bleach. We also got a heating pad that did not have a timer shut-off (at least, we think it doesn't--no mention of one on the label), and they wanted natural feather dusters. Okay. I wonder whether that is to comfort small orphan birds? To fool them into taking food without associating it with humans? Either way, I bought one. 

While passing by the baby section, we shopped again for features we want to see in a big girl forward-facing car seat (we are almost there, age-wise and weight-wise), and I think I know what I want to get. We also picked out a training potty seat to go over the regular toilet. Val has started showing interest in us when we are using the toilet, but hasn't specifically asked for a change in her habits. Still, I want to be prepared if she pipes up in the next month or so, and I'm hoping she is ready soon.

Finally, I had to find a short-term fix for a catastrophic accident from first thing this morning. I stumbled out into the living room, still groggy and clumsy, and set my phone and iPad on the arm of the recliner, before going to get a cup of coffee. The iPad immediately smacked face-down on the tile floor and shattered the glass in a million pieces. It all stayed in place, and the unit itself still works. We asked the dude at the repair shop inside Batteries+ whether he could fix it, and he said the part he would order would be 600 bucks, plus labor, and he wouldn't be 100% sure it would fit my particular generation (an iPad Air 4.) I bought it for about 700 dollars less than a year ago. So it would be better to just replace it with a new one. With the surgery and new car and new baby all this year, I decided to wait and slap a glass protector screen over the top of it. I have been using it since this afternoon just fine. Granted, putting together puzzles with tiny details is harder, and my YouTube videos are a little weird looking. But it was $685 cheaper than a replacement. I'll deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment