Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Generally Good

Inspirational song: No Rain (Blind Melon)

A day and a half out, and I'm feeling pretty good overall. I slept okay last night, propped up with the bed elevated and my arms on pillows. I'm naturally a side sleeper, but that will have to wait several weeks. I stayed in my recliner most of the day, watching it snow and periodically snoozing. Pain has been pretty easy to manage with the meds they gave me. Now, I know tomorrow will be the real test. That's when the surgery blocks start to wear off, and the real fun begins. 

I did walk around the house a bit, as I was instructed to. I made my own breakfast and lunch (easy stuff). For those who must know, yes, the opioid pain killers are having the classical effect. Yay. I had a fun dizzy spell coming back from the bathroom this evening, and since I happened to have the pulse oximeter on a lanyard around my neck, I checked it. Oxygen was acceptable, but pulse was oddly low for having just walked around the house. Not sure what that nonsense was about. Feel fine now, though.

The snowstorm was enough to push our regular game night out by a day. (Why are all the snows on Wednesdays?) It should be interesting to see how I handle a loud crowd of friends 60 hours out from surgery. I'm not allowed to drink alcohol with them, which is fine. No one says I can't doze off with my regular pain pills. Wake me when it's my turn to roll dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment