Monday, March 28, 2022

Jack

Inspirational song: Shameless (v. Garth Brooks)

The call has come! My car has arrived at the dealership! Our schedules are too tight to get it tomorrow, so we have an appointment to pick it up first thing Wednesday. I'm excited and nervous and all kinds of fluttery feelings. I will have a lot more to say about it Wednesday night, once I've introduced myself to the new family truckster.

I overdid it so much yesterday that I stayed in one spot today, bouncing between whining about a headache and sleeping outright. I didn't do jack today, and I have no shame about that. Tomorrow morning will be a little more active, washing the garment I have to wear 24/7 until the surgeon releases me from it, and trying to get a hairbrush through the giant rat's nest on the back of my head from being forced to sleep on my back for weeks. It's a Rotary day, and for once, I'm letting myself be driven there, rather than being the chauffeur. It's hard for a control freak to let go and go along for the ride, in a very literal sense, but I shall do it anyway.

I wish I had had the ability (specifically the lack of head pain) to play with the baby this afternoon. She got to have the first fire of the season with her parents, and was even allowed to throw a few twigs in with close supervision. If we make it all the way to building the flagstone patio I was promised two years ago, I think a permanent fire pit should go in as well. Buying these steel ones that only last a few years is getting on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment