Friday, March 11, 2022

Scratchy

Inspirational song: Cruel To Be Kind (Nick Lowe)

I intentionally started weaning off the painkillers today. I mean, I had been cutting them in half all along, but today I skipped the mid-day dose to see how it would go. Mostly good, but did you know bruising is a thing? Holy cow. My arms especially are so sensitive. And itching. I cannot handle how much this itches. Whether that is because of the opioids or not, I don't know, but it takes incredible self-control not to scratch mindlessly anywhere an itch pops up. There is velcro all over my bandages, which makes my skin super sensitive, but if I even get close to it to scratch, I regret it instantly. I think the lesson to take away from this is that it means all the nerves are still intact from places that have been disturbed. Hoo, boy, are those nerves still intact.

I stayed home yet another day. I'm not clear to drive yet, and I'm not sure I'd want to go out even if I had a reason to. I'm not quite eating normally, and I get a little upset tummy when I do eat. I keep wishing I hadn't tried to eat. It's nice being confined to a few places to sit and not make my head and stomach have to move around, risking further upset.

I don't have much else to report. My first follow-up with the surgeon isn't until Tuesday. I'll try to find something interesting, that hopefully goes better than the PAC-12 basketball tournament that I turned off in the second half because it was stressing me out. I'm pretty sure the Buffs lost, but I just couldn't watch to be sure. Maybe I'll get some grandbaby time to make the days go faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment