Monday, March 21, 2022

Roll On

Inspirational song: Valley Girl (Frank Zappa)

Oh-Em-Gee, doggies and kitties hate it when daddy goes out of town. Mommy's sleep cycle is different, and she refuses to open up the food cans at 7 am. When the Mr is gone, neighbor T has to come over and get Murray in and out of wheels, so the feeding schedule is really determined by what time he gets over to help, but the rest of the animals like to send me all the blame. And just how abused are these poor kitties and puppies? By 10 past 8, Murray was wheels up and I was scooping food into bowls. Oh, the agony. 

I surprised myself by skipping coffee, to avoid further straining my stomach, and having a short glass of chocolate milk instead, and promptly falling asleep in my chair. I just can't face real food, and when I work up the nerve to try, it just makes me feel so icky. I decided it is a lot like going through chemo. My taste buds are completely off, and my interest in anything is affected by that. All food irritates the esophagus/stomach junction, and then sits in my stomach undigested like a concrete sludge. But between healing from surgery and hating all food, at least I'm down like 8 pounds. So I guess I'll shut up and appreciate it. (Spoiler: I will not shut up.)

I probably would have done absolutely nothing today if I hadn't gotten an offer I couldn't resist. The baby needed bigger shoes, so we went to where they are plentiful and cheap. Boy, were they plentiful, too. A big shipment must have come in. I haven't seen the shoe section so well stocked in months. She has two new pairs of sneakers from mommy and one pair of black slides from Grandma. We also went through the food section, getting lots of bland gluten-free breads and cereals for me, and fruit juices we can share. She kept crying as we walked toward produce, when I turned before we got there. I'm not sure, but I think she had locked eyes on blueberries, but I had veered away to get other things. I did get the berries. I know what my girl wants.

My buddy contacted me today with updates on my car deal. It's getting so close! It looks like we might sell my current car elsewhere, instead of trading it to the Hyundai dealer. It looks like I can get roughly $1400 more in trade by going to Carmax. If they follow through on the estimate, then heck yeah, I'll let them have it. Meanwhile, my new one is sitting at a train yard in Montana, waiting to head this way. I'm not sure, but it might be at most a week and a half. Maybe less. Let's hope for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment