Thursday, March 24, 2022

Bright

Inspirational song: Here Comes the Sun (v. Sandy Farina)

Right on time in the front range, spring has sprung. The trees haven't blossomed yet, but everyone I know has itchy eyes and an abundance of snot. I haven't stopped sneezing all day. Generally I'm hearing people say they are glad it is spring, now that it is warm and sunny. Same folks will probably be extra cranky when snow returns next week.

Valerie and I drove down to pick up grandpa from the airport. We added a mirror over her car seat so she and I could interact better on the drive. Between that and the large quantity of toys we took, she had a much better time in the car than I expected. Plus, she was asleep by the time we approached Broomfield. What a champ. Me, I had to stay awake the whole time (obviously), and I cursed the sun the whole way. I should have worn sunscreen, and maybe a hat and gloves. It was unrelenting. By the time Mr S-P and I got home, he was exhausted from his trip, and I was dead from the sun. We both napped until time for game night.

Thank goodness our friends are flexible and forgiving. I had asked to have our game next door, so that tired me didn't have to clean house. Then, when son-in-law and Val arrived here, I realized just how little I wanted to stand up out of the chair I napped in. I changed the venue to here at the last minute, and the gang was okay with it, messy house and all. Plus, it meant more stuff to distract Valerie with, so the evening went well. We concluded an epic battle in the game, and have shut this one down so the game master can get some rest from planning, while he's working tons of overtime.

Tomorrow is going to be my first attempt at selling the blue car to a local dealer. We shall see whether we strike a deal. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment