Friday, March 18, 2022

Respectable

Inspirational song: One Step Beyond (Madness)

Prying myself away from a rather exciting basketball game to do my daily writing feels like a virtue somehow. I haven't watched a whole lot of games so far, but I picked the right one to catch tonight. In the only bracket I filled out, I had Wisconsin going all the way to the Final Four, but this first round game against Coalgate has been a nail-biter thus far. There's less than four minutes of game time left. I'm hoping they pull this one out. When last I checked, I had 19 games correctly picked. I'm feeling good about that. I'll look in a minute to see how many late games I got right.

We didn't end up being needed for babysitting today, due to a scheduling change. We decided to volunteer to have some play time all the same. I was ready to get some super light exercise, while pushing a shopping cart, so we took baby for brunch and a walk around Lowe's for grass seed. I hope she had as much fun as we did. She seemed to. She stole bunches of scrambled eggs and potatoes ("ta-tooooes") off my plate, while we waited for the server to bring a spare plate for her. She was modestly interested in my GF pancakes. The thing she really wanted was to crunch on ice from my water.

We got grass seed within the first two minutes of being at Lowe's, but we took half an hour to wander and play a little. There was no one else in the lighting/fan section, so she had plenty of run-around-with-grandpa time. She found a low display of toy cars as we were leaving, and she figured out their self-propel mechanism well enough to roll it all the way back to the garden center. Naturally we bought the toy car. We heard that she conked out for her nap within ten minutes of us dropping her off. I call that success.

No comments:

Post a Comment