Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Caper Conclusion

Inspirational song: Ticket to Ride (The Beatles)


Today was the big trip to Flower Bin for the housewarming gift plant. My friend picked me up, and my housemate J met us there. We had a good time looking at everything, and all three of us were fascinated by the tiny terrarium plants. They didn't have any terrarium planters, but all the miniature plants were irresistibly cute. Now we want to put together terrariums so much. I heard Walmart had the planters, and I looked in the app. Not available locally, but reasonably priced to order. I might get one in a month or two (when my suddenly unreasonable home heating bill goes back into normal territory). 

My friend kept hoping to find a pre-planted arrangement, rather than getting a single statement plant and putting it in a pot she picked separately. After looking all the big things over, we found just what she wanted. They had lots of different sizes, and we found one exactly at her target price, in a gorgeous pot, with a great selection of small and medium plants. Mission accomplished!

While there, J found a beautiful kind of Pilea I had never seen before, so we will do some research to find out how to care for it, and maybe propagate it so I can grow some too. For me, I finally found a starter size of String of Hearts. I love it to pieces. 

I did a bunch of plant maintenance when I got home, including downsizing the pot for the pitiful remnants of my once massive Schefflera. I rearranged a bit, as is my habit. I also finished cleaning house to entertaining levels because -- whaaat?? -- game night was in person tonight! The neighbors and our old college roommate came over to play Ticket to Ride, and J joined in. So nice to have people to play with again.

No comments:

Post a Comment