Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Not

Inspirational song: The No-No Song (Hoyt Axton)

Every time tonight that I thought about pulling together a blog of things that happened today (a significantly boring day on the whole), I've sighed deeply and thought, how about instead I write about what I didn't do, or don't plan to do anytime soon? Would that be better?

For instance, this next first Thursday of the month, I don't have to go to Fort Collins. I was planning on giving myself permission to rest up the day before another long weekend of babysitting, and just zooming in instead. Found out today the meeting is canceled, and you know I celebrated not having to whine my way out of appearing in person.

I didn't do a lot of the things that need doing around the house. The kitchen is a giant wreck, and I haven't washed a dish in probably three days. Don't care. Will deal with it tomorrow. The rest of the place is in a similar situation. Instead, I got the rest I needed, and I didn't feel guilty about it. I also didn't cook. I persuaded the Mr to bring home takeout from his favorite establishment. I ate far too many fries after I finished a messy sandwich, and I have regrets over that, but zero regrets for being able to chuck the takeout box in the trash when I was done.

The biggest thing I didn't do today? Buy plants! You know I wanted to. I'm itching to scout out stores to see whether they set out hoya kerii in Valentine's displays. I learned that when they are just one single heart-shaped leaf in a small pot, there is a good chance they will never grow beyond that, so maybe I should look for something already vining. But now I kind of want to go ahead and buy the single leaf kind, and test out how true that common wisdom is. Still, I did not go out looking for plants, despite an overwhelming urge to do so. Celebrate the small victories, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment