Sunday, January 22, 2023

Chopped

Inspirational song: Southern Cross (Crosby, Stills, and Nash)

Baby boy has a special talent for grabbing hair and pulling hard. You barely have to be within a yard of him, and he's got you. I've hit the point where I can't handle it anymore. My hair was getting too long. It was hard to brush. It was always knotted in the back. My bangs were longer than my chin, and no help at all for my appearance. And worst of all, it was always in that boy's hand

I went over early to pick up the kids, and let my daughter have at me with clippers. It's a fair trade for free babysitting. She didnt take it all, but she took a nice handful from the bottom, to make it easier for me to manage. I went over there with wet hair, not actually washed, but soaked and coated with leave-in conditioner. We didn't style my hair, as I had to immediately turn and take the kids back to my house for the afternoon. So I have no photos of the haircut. I'll wash it tomorrow, between dropping Athena off at the vet for a tooth extraction and going to the radiation cancer center for a one-year follow up from the last treatment. I can get better pictures tomorrow.

Even with my hair four or five inches shorter, Dmitri still managed to grab it once or twice. That is a measurable improvement from before. He was all sorts of cranky today. I'm expecting another tooth to begin erupting in a week or so. Valerie, on the other hand, was very snuggly again. She was happy to have her markers back, that had been left next door for months. So happy, that she thought it was funny when grandpa used them to decorate her nose bandaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment