Saturday, January 28, 2023

Yawn

Inspirational song: Peace Train (Cat Stevens/Yusuf)

The cold polar air is arriving. I don't want to go out in it. I moved more plants from windows to protected areas and closed some curtains. Haven't decided whether to try to get behind the big plant corner to lower the blinds on the front window. Surely the heat register 3-5 feet away will keep that spot from damaging plants? Nothing is touching glass anymore.

I had kids mostly on my own today. Even when their grandpa was home, he was deep into other projects, like swapping out the alternator in J's cursed car. The kids were mostly manageable. There were a few touch and go moments, but it was pretty darned cute that both of them required grandma snuggling and then being carried to the bedroom for their naps. Dmitri needed to be pressed against my chest with his back rubbed to calm down, and later Valerie lay beside me in my chair and we watched videos. Car detailing was fine, but furniture restoration literally bored her to sleep.

As the kids were packing up and getting herded to their daddy's car, the Mr announced he thought it was a fine idea to head out to a cool local distillery to have a hot toddy. I said no way, I'm not going out in the cold to sit in a loud bar. I was happy to be in a quiet room with a warm blanket on me. Within 20 minutes, he was snoring in his chair and I've been yawning uncontrollably, which means less fatigue and more silent migraine. So glad we stayed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment