Thursday, January 5, 2023

Try Hard

Inspirational song: Making It (David Naughton)

No new purchases today. I did a little rearranging instead. I warned yesterday that I planned to start a new little succulent garden in an old bowl that I got for under two dollars about 10 years ago, and never used. The glaze chips off of it super easily, which is probably why it was on such deep clearance. I doubt the plants will care. I used a chunky cactus mix soil, and split up some over-watered succulents I got a week or two ago from a clearance rack. I put my new burro's tail in, as well as a whole lot of unjustified optimism. I have never had much success rehabbing or propagating succulents, so this is all running on hope and fairy dust. Fingers crossed.

I can't believe it has taken me so long to see the obvious. I wondered why I always crashed hard after my first Thursday of the month trips to Fort Collins. I thought it was the sun exposure getting me. Well, today was cloudy, and I still ended up sleeping away hours of my afternoon. I finally put the pieces together. The night before, I never--and I mean never--get to sleep on time. I lie awake with my brain running at triple speed, unable to power down. This happens a lot on other days that I know I have an alarm set for early. I know that I have to get up 30-45 minutes before I naturally wake, so I cannot fall asleep, until two or three in the morning. I even had to take a pain pill last night, and still I tossed and turned. Nothing for it, I guess. I just have to plan on catching up sleep afterwards.

The boys took advantage of my grogginess, and pinned me down for hours, even after I woke. Not like I was all hot to throw them off, until I realized I'd barely eaten breakfast or lunch, and had very little energy to make dinner. They'll come back. They always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment