Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Introduction

Inspirational song: Just Good Friends (Fish)

Two plus years of heated conversation through the fence led to this moment. Jasper came over to hang out in Saoirse's living room. There were a few tense seconds at the very beginning, and Saoirse got scolded for barking at first. Then she spent the rest of the visit checking Jasper out thoroughly. Jasper is the epitome of chill, so he never let her sass get to him. He did what he usually does when I'm next door. He set his chin on my knee and waited to get petted endlessly. I hope this means that he and Saoirse can play nice now. He will need to visit when his humans are out of town, now that he is the only dog next door. He needs the interaction, and frankly, so does she.

I don't have a lot to offer beyond doggie play dates. It was a plain old day. Rotary. Costco. Cleaning. Rinse and repeat. I did swap out the seasonal blanket for the next upcoming holiday. You know, once upon a time, I was violently opposed to pairing pink and red at all, with the one exception being Valentine's day cards. Here I am now thinking this pink and red blanket, the one I got to appeal to Valerie who loves heart shapes, is actually pretty darned cute. What have I become?

No comments:

Post a Comment