Saturday, January 7, 2023

His Best Friend's Ride

Inspirational song: No Scrubs (TLC)

I don't think I had what it takes to handle both kids today. I spent a lot of time in sensory overload, just trying to keep a happy face for the children. Let's just say it was rather convenient timing when I needed to go pick up our housemate from work right after an exhausting experience bathing a strong and slippery baby boy. I was soaked up to my armpits, and I just wanted not to be holding a baby at that point. Taking a breather helped a lot, especially when he got over-tired a few minutes after I returned, and needed to scream himself to sleep.

I've tried uploading videos here, and it always sucked. Shame, that. I got several videos of the good moments today, when the boy was being chatty and amusing. He is getting really good at the proto-syllables now. Lots of da-da-da and whatnot. Soon there will be two of them providing a continuous narration to our weekends. Valerie is just too much fun to talk to these days. Her negotiating skills are getting a little too good. We have to work to gain the upper hand, against a toddler. She bests us when we least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment