Monday, January 23, 2023

Toofless

Inspirational song: The Witch Is in the House (Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem ft. Miss Piggy)

First off, did you know there was a Muppet Wizard of Oz? I just found out five minutes ago. It was at least 14 years ago, as that's when it was uploaded to YouTube. Had a lot of the pirate crew from Muppet Treasure Island, in the one video I saw. Now I have to hunt this thing down. I wonder whether it is on Disney+.

Athena had her dental surgery today. She has lost teeth before, thanks to her mushy South Carolina mouf. Today she lost the fang that has been creeping down past her lip for years. We would have liked to done this next month, when the vet clinic does half price dental procedures, but she had another urgent issue, and besides, all the February appointments were already booked. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that she had one claw growing so long and looped that it was starting to press into her toe bean. I couldn't stand to see that happen to another of my cats (it happened to Cricket in the first year of my blog), and she wouldn't let us take care of it while she was awake. So sedation was the best option. The vet clinic knows her well, and they gave her the first sedating shot before they tried to run her blood tests or do anything else. It made it all go smoothly for everyone. Now she is home, and she is a little mad at us. Won't cuddle for nothin'. Maybe she is just mad that we took a detour on the way home for an automotive repair errand while she was still in her carrier. She was okay with the carrier when it first came out this morning. Less so in the afternoon.

I had just stepped out of the shower and was starting to style my hair when my phone rang. It was my radiation oncologist, offering to switch my one-year follow up to telemed. So we chatted, and I assured her that I have no extended issues that could be traced back to radiation. I have been released to my regular oncologist for all long-term care. Yay! It's all over with one more doc!

I still went ahead and used curl cream and the diffuser on my hair, even if I didn't have to go out to my appointment. I just didn't put a lot of effort into making it go any particular direction. Even with another five inches cut, it does still curl pretty well. I was worried that the chemo curls wouldn't last, but they are holding on for dear life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment