Monday, January 9, 2023

Poke

Inspirational song: Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)

Yes, the Jeep is fixed and returned to the kids, but I was still needed today as both a driver and as a Valerie wrangler. Dmitri was due for shots today, and someone needed to mind the toddler so it would be possible to obtain them. We had errands to run, mostly at Petsmart and King Soopers, but we also needed food while we were out. We took so long between lunch and the grocery store that I ended up just dropping off my daughter and the boy, while the toddler and I went together for my last stop.

I watched a video yesterday of a person in the metro area here who found a huge plant selection at their local King Soopers, recently stocked and ludicrously well-priced. One of the very first plants I tried to rehab in this recent binge was a philodendron Birkin I found in a clearance rack for nearly nothing. It died so quickly after that. It took me a few weeks to admit it was gone and throw it in the compost. I tied myself in knots trying to decide whether to try that one again. Was it the fault of that specific clearance plant that it didn't survive, or was it my fault that I murdered it and shouldn't have another? When I saw a lovely Birkin at King Soopers, complete with a half-moon leaf, in a ceramic pot, for seven dollars, I made my mind up to give it another go. It will be my last try, so if it doesn't go well, I won't get another. Full stop.

Valerie and I looked all over Home Depot's garden center for some supplies I wanted, and we were disappointed. I wanted a small wire trellis for a Hoya I have in a four-inch pot, and I wanted to see whether they had neem oil in case I need it, and for how much. No on all counts. That's okay. I can figure out something else for a trellis, and as of now I have no visible pests on plants. I have plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment