Friday, January 27, 2023

Working On It

Inspirational song: Working On My Tan (Tim Curry)

I was this close to making a whole lot of extra work for myself, over something I am pretty sure I would have regretted. I took out a tape measure, and reassured myself that the original plan was best. Smaller set of chrome shelves will stay up front, and new white metal and glass shelves has been set up by back door. The kicker was shelf height. New shelves had two inches less for tall plants. Second most important was shelf material. Most of what moved to the south and west exposure are succulents, many of which are in tiny containers. Those were harder to balance on the wire shelves, but perfect for glass. 

I worked on repotting while I was doing setup. A couple years ago, Mr S-P combined several years' worth of Christmas amaryllis into one big pot. They had too much space for the bulbs, and the pot was heavy and hard to place. I broke them up into a couple groups and put them in terracotta. I also gave up on a holiday cactus failed rescue, and reused the tiny pot the rotting pieces were in for an aloe that was also undergoing a difficult rescue. Maybe it will perform better.

Once I had the first two waves of plants on the new shelves (second wave was stuff from my bedroom that needed to be in a warmer spot before the upcoming polar blast arrives), I went around assessing some of my display surfaces that felt overcrowded. I moved a few things around, including to the glass shelves. I know I'll fiddle more, but I like how it is coming along. Thank you, daughter and son-in-law, for gifting me these shelves. They are most appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment