Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Game On

Inspirational song: I Missed Again (Phil Collins)

Snowmageddon this was not. Yes, we got a solid five inches of snow, but we had more than a slight promise of double that. In the morning, fuddy-duddies like Mr Teacher Man were grumpy that they canceled school. But as I sat here and watched the snow stick around past lunch, with lots of strong gusty winds reducing visibility, I was actually pretty glad fewer people, including busloads of kids and teachers were out on the streets. It still came out to be one of the biggest storms in January in decades. The really snowy months (on average) are yet to come.

I can't pinpoint a specific cause for me to be so tired today, other than (waves vaguely at my whole self) the usual. I couldn't find much get up and go. I figure that's fine, since I had no place to go anyway. 

It was D&D night, remotely again. I declined to join into the web conference while sitting in the same room as the laptop Mr S-P was running it from, plus the phone aimed at the map. The echo from having a third device running 8 feet away would have made me twitchy. So I was off-camera the whole time, with a cat in my lap, working on a pink macrame plant hanger. It all went smoothly, except for the times Harvey tried to eat the snakes next to him as they moved. The quickest way to stop him was to pull out the camera. There's never proof, is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment