Thursday, July 9, 2020

At Home

Inspirational song: Aaron Burr, Sir (Hamilton)

Anybody else read the news and try to offer opinions to friends as if we were well-versed professors of law and history? I tried to keep up, but by the end of the day my head was so full of other people's interpretation, I had no idea whether this last day of an extended Supreme Court cycle was generally good or bad. I kinda wish I had found more on the first case released, that sounded like it has massive implications for my home state, including the town where I was born, in the eastern half of Oklahoma.

My quiet week has continued apace. I'm still hip-deep in the keto flu (although what I'm doing is only coincidentally keto). It's all I can do to go outside long enough to water the flowers or feed the dogs. Heat plus a near total absence of carbs makes for zero energy. I have things to do tomorrow that will require me to be able to use my arms. How long does this stuff last?

I've been living vicariously through the Mr's pictures. Today was the part of his trip going through Pennsylvania, and the images he sent home were just gorgeous. I've only been to that state once before, when we took a quick trip to Gettysburg twenty years ago. I think I'd like to give it a second try, just not on a rapid crossing like this one, where he was not even able to sleep in hotels because of the pandemic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment