Sunday, July 12, 2020

Second Attempt

Inspirational song: My Shot (Hamilton)

At 5:15 this morning, I was woken by a sleepy voice. "If we are gonna do this thing, we gotta go right now." I rolled out of bed and put on clothes that skirted the edge of being okay to wear in public. We decided last night that we would try to get up early enough to view the comet Neowise that is visible in the northwest horizon of the pre-dawn sky. Turns out, 5:15 was too late to get up. By the time we hopped in the car and drove up to a spot free of trees and houses, it had long since faded in the sky. So we will try again tomorrow morning. This time we will get up much earlier, so we have a chance at this. I've read that it will also be visible right after sunset starting today. It was hazy and somewhat cloudy today. Not sure yet whether we will get lucky.

I've been begging the Mr to sit down and watch Hamilton with me for a week, since it became available for streaming. He put me off until today, and then spent all day helping T finish laying down the new flooring next door. Once they were done, showered, and set up with beer and pizza, I went over and we watched it there on the giant TV. When I saw it live in Denver, I knew nothing about it, and the rapid-fire words went past me. A week ago I tried to sneak a peek at it, but the keto flu made my brain as agile as riding a bike through deep peanut butter, so I got the tunes stuck in my head but not the words. This time, I really paid attention. I got it much better. Wow. I mean, wow. It is so worth it.

Got some good pics sent to me from the baby house. I don't have a story to go with any of these. They're just cute. And that in itself is worth sharing.

Update: I went out to check the sky as the sun was going down. I'm guessing it will be a no for this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment