Friday, July 17, 2020

Good Trouble

Inspirational song: Sunday, Bloody Sunday (U2)

Just as I was sitting down to write, they announced the death of Civil Rights icon John Lewis. More bad news we didn't need right now. He is one with the angels now, where he belongs. Time to rename that damned bridge. I can think of a much better name to paint on the top of it.

I was going to lead with a story about Miss Crabby Pants. She had her first (first?) set of vaccinations this morning. I went over at noon to hold and cuddle her while her parents cleaned house. She was fine at first, but her mood distinctly soured over time. As she was screaming in my ear, refusing to be soothed, I didn't take it personally. I'm sure she was melting down over all the extra work her little immune system was putting in. If anyone understands, it's her safta. I get crabby on vaccine days too.

I should have taken pictures of her crying. It's how I'm feeling now, as the tributes are starting to pour in on the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment