Thursday, July 2, 2020

More Magic

Inspirational song: Tiny Dancer (Elton John)

That baby was here for a solid seven hours today. It's still amazing to me that I get to be around her at all. We cuddled, we ate, we had some grumpies, we flew around outside, we napped, and we charmed everyone. This is the life. 

Dino demonstrated how much she still likes swaddling, especially when it's combined with getting to feel a super soft microfleece blanket next to her. Not sure what it is about fleece, but it is that kid's jam. I mean, I dig it too, so it isn't that much of a mystery, but to her it is the magic calming surface. It helped that she was rocking out to the Fantasia soundtrack too.

About half of the group was present for tonight's game, the ones we are related to by blood, marriage, and choice. The baby was fine through most of it, but right about the time she got tired and cranky, I did too. She was passed around a little, walked around the game table, and bounced until she finally zonked out. It would be nice to be carried like that, I bet. For about a minute. And then I would be over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment