Thursday, July 16, 2020

Swinger

Inspirational song: The Muppet Show Theme (The Muppet Show)

I don't like to whine all the time. But I stressed my back so hard it's hard to focus on much else. I spent all day outside, spraypainting one of the two Adirondack chairs, and its corresponding footrest. It was hot today, but mostly cloudy, so I thought I could handle it. I worked in bursts. Those bursts got shorter and shorter, and my rests in a lawn chair under the porch awning longer and longer. By late afternoon, I was making it through about three minutes of standing, bending, and spraying, for every fifteen minutes of sitting. And now I'm playing our weekly D&D game, my back too sore to hold the grandbaby. This is unacceptable.

When my kids were babies, we had a wind up swing that saved our sanity and our ears. The kids loved it. I don't know how we have made it two full months into Dino's babyhood without getting the modern version of that. I went to Target last night to correct the oversight. I brought it to the game to assemble, and boy was I glad I had a team to help me put it together. I managed to bash my knuckles twice on a part that refused to connect, the second time so hard I gashed it open. That's the second time today I drew blood on myself. I need to be swaddled in bubble wrap. 

I don't have the grandma juju tonight. Dino hasn't wanted to cuddle with the old lady who can't bounce her much. But on two tries, she seemed to take to the swing like a champ. Her mommy is sold. This one is to be my babysitting aid, but she wants to get one for her own house too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment