Wednesday, July 1, 2020

That Face

Inspirational song: Isn't She Lovely (Stevie Wonder)

Does the world still exist outside of this tiny person when she comes to visit? Pretty sure the answer is no. The world is unbelievably yucky right now. I choose to ignore it on days like this.

Dino is getting so strong. She is a little over 6 weeks now, and the newborn floppy head is nearly gone. She was a whole lot more interested in visual input today. And her tummy has continued to be a challenge for her. She loves being tummy side down, possibly to relieve pressure or discomfort. 

I'm finally starting to see my own genetics in this face. Somewhere I have a copy of my baby portrait, from the days when those were formally done, and I keep catching Dino making the exact same expression. Sure babies generally all look alike, but subtle differences exist, and with enough study, I am getting the hang of identifying their origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment