Saturday, July 11, 2020

Party Animal

Inspirational song: Party All the Time (Eddie Murphy)

The bed left the FedEx station in Anaheim at 0440 this morning. I am so glad it's finally on its way. I ordered it almost two weeks ago, and the order just sat there, unprocessed, for so long I wondered whether something had gone wrong. When last we were at Costco, I asked a person at customer service about it, and she said no, everything like that is just taking twice as long these days because of the pandemic. I guess safety is a good enough reason to let this one slide. I'm still happy with the purchase, which appears on the surface to be a fantastic deal. I just hope the mattresses aren't too firm or soft to sleep on. One hurdle at a time.

The imminent arrival of the bed necessitated a trip to Target, for some new fitted sheets. At least, that's all I intended to buy. But Target let me down. You can't buy just the fitted sheets in twin XL, at least not this week. There were a few regular twins in crappy blended fabric, and a whole lot of gaps on the shelves. Sets it was. Two of them in a pretty mauve pink. I figure someday when I'm feeling creative and energetic, I'll turn the unneeded flat sheets into clothes, like maybe a loose button-down to wear over tank tops. That's a project for another day.

I couldn't just go to Target by myself, not when there are girls a mere mile away who could go with me. In fact, I didn't even have to drive. My daughter picked me up and we spent several hours OFO, as we say. Dino entertained us with the various noises she makes, like the impressive baby gas while we were near clothes her size, and the big frat boy burp she let out for me while her mother scanned over clothes for herself. I forgot to take pictures of her for this space, so when I wrote to ask for them, I was told that after a diaper-filling and a bath, she had a bit of a scream, and then passed out face down in her daddy's arms. The pictures sealed the deal. This kid had a party animal kind of day. Makes grandma nostalgic for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment