Friday, July 24, 2020

Calm and Cool

Inspirational song: Misty Mountain Hop (Led Zeppelin)

Phase two of the 90 day Hashimoto's cleanse/diet thingy I've been working through focuses on the adrenals. They are the organs that suffer most when stress gets overwhelming (and they make us suffer in retaliation). So the thrust of the lesson is learn how to rest, eat better, sleep better, and supplement with vitamins and minerals that do right by the system. For the last three or four days, I have felt like a super boring human, because I was doing exactly as I was supposed to. Then tonight it occurred to me, I was doing exactly as I was supposed to--and it's starting to work! I'm not claiming I'm like totally healed from all the challenges I have or anything, but I distinctly feel a little less stressed out, and that is the point of it all. I dig this. I hope it lasts.

The sudden change in the weather contributed to my new mellow feeling. The summer pattern has progressed to the monsoonal flow times, which I absolutely love. Temps have dropped and the long dry spell is over. Cooling rains down here are one thing, but it has made things difficult up at the cabin. The Mr and the dogs have been up there a couple days, working on the paneling on the inside. He made progress, but the rain stopped his ability to make cuts, so it appears work ground to a halt. He sent some pictures of muddy dog footprints all over the floor, where Murray was snoozing, and piles of junk clogging the rest of the space where he had to remove shelves to hang wall boards. It's cold and misty up there, and I admit to being jealous.

And can we talk about how cute Elsa is in her mountain shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment