Monday, July 20, 2020

Worth Waiting For

Inspirational song: You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC)

At long last, the whole bed has arrived and been installed. I've spent most of the day sitting on it, watching TV and generally just hanging out, because I can. I sat long enough to make my back stiff, which surprised me. I will remember to take more walk-around breaks in the future.

It sits far more forward than I expected. I'm now higher up (I had the old bed on the floor to make rolling out of it easier after surgery and during chemo last year), and I'm three or four feet further into the room. It feels weird, but the benefit is I am closer to the ceiling fan and almost directly in line with the window I keep wide open when the whole house fan is running.

Was it worth all this time, money, and effort to get an adjustable bed? Well, I haven't spent a whole night in it yet, but so far, YES. I still have a lot of fiddling to do to learn all its secrets. There is time for that. I tried the massage function while Jackie and Athena were on the bed, thinking I would scare them. Instead, Jackie just flipped even more on her back, and snuggled harder, and Athena just curled up on my hip. Athena was more startled by the fact the foot of the bed went up and down. I tried again with the boys, thinking at least Alfred would freak out. Again, they loved it. I've come to the conclusion that they think mama has finally learned how to purr properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment