Friday, July 31, 2020

Deluge

Inspirational song: Love, Reign O'er Me (The Who)

Long have I maintained that the absolute best kind of weather is rain. Hands down, no other options come close. But wow, tonight was something else. Where yesterday we drove across town to see a distinct line where there was a gulley-washer (as the Mr called it) on the south side of town, and nothing over us (literally, zooming in on the radar showed the rain ending at the alley behind our house), tonight was another story. Thunder and lightning rolled through right as full dark fell, and then all hell broke loose. It was the kind of rain I live for. It wasn't until I came in off the front porch, where I was admiring the downpour, that I remembered how well my garden was growing. Now I have to wonder whether I will still have any of those dainty tomatoes or tomatillos left on the vines. It scoured everything clean out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment