Thursday, July 23, 2020

Contentment

Inspirational song: Daydream Believer (The Monkees)

I sat in front of the teevee, watching A Late Show, waiting for Inspiration to fall out of the sky. And darned if it didn't! My grandbaby-mama went back to work this week, and I had asked her to send a picture of Dino's smile when she was reunited with her mommy after a full day of work. I was disappointed. Baby almost instantly fell asleep as soon as she was with her mom. I mean, the picture of her sound asleep in the carriage on a walk was heckin' cute, but I wanted to see that thousand-watt smile. So just now, I got sent a collection of goofy faces on a freshly-washed baby. Suddenly I felt like writing and sharing.

I was feeling stressed yesterday, by things I cannot control. Today the existential dread was much less. I didn't run out and save the world or anything, but it was a whole lot easier to clean the bedroom and load the dishwasher when I wasn't catatonic with information overload. 

I have more time by myself through Saturday morning, so I suppose I should come up with something good to entertain myself. I'm already planning on sneaking out to get ingredients for a nice dinner (that still fits my elimination diet). Other than that, I need ideas for tomorrow during the day, that isn't overly expensive or out in full sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment