Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Inching Along

Inspirational song: Edelweiss (Sound of Music)

Oh, thank goodness for a couple of cool days in a row. It was lovely not having to hunker down in a closed-up dark house to be comfortable. It won't last, but it seems rude not to note and express gratitude for it.

I took advantage of the mild weather to go outside and move forward another few steps on something I've let fallow for too long. More than a month ago, the Mr acquired some Adirondack chairs from one of his friends who was moving, and didn't have space or desire to keep them. They were in rough shape, dried out and needing all screws and bolts tightened. I had started fixing one up weeks ago, including trying to patch some of the bigger cracks before I was going to paint them. I chose painter's putty to patch with, and when I discovered that it refused to dry enough to be sanded, I got frustrated and walked away. After all these weeks, it eventually dried. Today, I sanded and started painting. I used an entire spray can of gray primer, and sort of had okay coverage. I used two-thirds of a can of turquoise on the first coat of color, and so far I like it. But it will need a whole lot more paint. For free chairs, I'm going to end up paying as much for spray paint as I would have for brand new chairs, already painted. Ugh. Pictures to follow when the whole set is done.

What did I say yesterday about cats being magically attracted to any flat object set down on any other flat surface? Mr S-P opened another rug tub to inspect. Within two minutes, this had happened:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment