Thursday, July 30, 2020

Strain

Inspirational song: Strawberry Fields Forever (The Beatles)

Chairs are evil. At least dining room chairs that don't recline are evil. To me. I did a lot today to put strain on my back--lots of bending, lots of standing around chopping vegetables. So when we went over for game night, and sat around the dining room table in straight-back chairs, my fatigue turned to agony. Whatever I planned to write about has gone straight out of my head. All I could think about was getting home to my fancy new bed with the memory foam and adjustable base. I'm there now, and I have no intention of moving for about 10 hours.

The baby sat with her grandpa while we got established in our game, connecting with the folks who were dialing in. She is showing early interest in screens, I've noticed. She's just like the rest of us, eyes glued to the flashy lights. We will have to work towards getting her into other, more tangible things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment