Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Get It Done

Inspirational song: Breathe (Pink Floyd)

Please, oh elusive Muse, please let this post flow quickly. I need to be asleep sooner than later. We had to be in Boulder right about the time I normally hurl myself out of bed. (I wake earlier, but rarely try to stumble around before 8.) Among all of the asks on the inspection objection list, the Buyers insisted the furnace be cleaned and serviced. We met the HVAC guy at the condo a few minutes after 8. It took a whole lot longer to clean than I expected, but it felt like we got our money's worth, and at least now it is done. 

I had to skip out before the guy was done, thinking my botox appointment, which was on the other side of Boulder, would be super quick. Instead, I sat in the exam room for almost half an hour, waiting for my turn with the neurologist, and felt like an absolute heel as I raced back to the condo to pick up the Mr. I didn't mean to leave him for so long in a place with no furniture or wifi.

We thought we were going to have an overnight guest tonight, so rather than kicking back and watching the Senate trial on TV, I turned the sound up and set about trying to clean my dusty disaster of a spare room. By the time I was too tired to stand up or even breathe anymore, I had put away all but the load of laundry I just pulled from the dryer, I had uncovered and stripped the bed, getting the bedding in the washer, and I had filled a plastic grocery bag to bursting with craft debris, clothing price tags, and dust bunnies. It's the best that room has looked since the last time my older daughter was here, and that was so long ago, I don't dare admit to when she was actually here. I still need to clean other rooms, as this guest may come tomorrow instead, but I'm feeling remarkably productive. And tired. Mostly tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment