Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Nearly There

Inspirational song: Come On Get Happy (The Partridge Family)

Oh, happy day! We signed our names over and over this morning, each time getting closer to the moment when the condo is passed along to the next owners. By lunchtime tomorrow, we should be free of it, out from under the mortgage for it, and soon thereafter, out from under the mortgage for our actual residence too. Buying real estate during the dips works, yo. 

The title agent I chose to sell our own property was a very good friend from Rotary. It was lovely to see her since the group has been only meeting on Zoom for nearly a year, so we haven't had a conversation over lunch in all that time. I usually shared a table with her and the mortgage broker (now retired) who brought me into the club in the first place. Oddly enough, as we were sitting in the car, about to leave, that very mortgage broker (retired) walked up to the door of the title agency. We called out and got her attention, and visited with her for a few minutes. I am brimming with joy over seeing two of my best Tuesday lunch dates in person one after another. It makes it feel like a real life is still out there, just waiting to spring back for us all.

I am feeling pretty good inside. Well, not in my right hip that is still inflamed (MRI tomorrow). But emotionally, I'm hopeful. The biggest financial stressor of the last six months is about to be resolved, as soon as the buyers sign in Boulder, a few hours from now. People I know are getting vaccinated. I even know people who have had both doses. I'll get it eventually, when they finally call my name. Daily case numbers are declining steeply, and daily death rates are easing down. Soon being out without a mask won't make me feel nervous or like a wretch when I forget to put it on fast enough. And I get to look forward to watching my two excessively silly girls grow up together. Of course I'm happy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment