Monday, February 22, 2021

Ready or Not

Inspirational song: Estonia (Marillion)

Exactly twelve hours from when this writing begins, we will be signing away the condo. Today I compiled all of my documentation for the requested repairs and sent it to the buyer's agent. Receipts for cleaning and servicing, photos of repairs and replacement items, and two short video clips proving the garage door safety reverse works properly. Late last night they accepted our offer to comp them an extra $500 toward closing costs to make up for us not knowing the fireplace was cracked and warped. The Mr suspects they didn't try to negotiate us higher because their realtor clued them in that we didn't actually have to offer anything, since the deadline for inspection termination had passed. What we gave was more for our karma than anything.

I went over this evening to gather the last of the little items I had left for use during the time on the market, like the side table with masks and gloves, the soap and towels, and my signs. I ran the steam mop once more, even though most of the footprints throughout were theirs from Saturday (with their contractor who suggested he could fix the fireplace). It is as good as it is going to get. I whispered goodbye to it as I leaned in to shut off the light for the last time. I will go tomorrow morning to get my lock box after their final walk through, and it will be done. 

For all the stress it has been over the years, especially recently, it was a good place overall: a good place for my kids to live in, and a triumph for my spirit to have been able to own real estate inside the city of Boulder, considering how dirt poor we were when we left it two and a half decades ago. It served its purpose, and now I am happy to pass it to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment