Thursday, February 11, 2021

One On One

Inspirational song: Blue (Da Ba Dee) (Eiffel 65)

A week and a half ago, Saoirse and I missed class. It was totally my fault, not hers. Today we had our make-up session. It was one-on-one with the instructor, and in the confined space, I was able to work her off-leash. Not sure whether it was the focused attention or the feeling of being respected enough not to use a leash, but she did remarkably well. She did exactly what she was asked, and handled distractions like a pro. I was so proud. I made use of my time with the instructor too, touching on topics we would never have gotten to with three or four other puppies in the room. I have a path and a plan on how to teach her a skill I decided we really needed for the future. Time will tell whether I can follow instructions well enough to get there with her.

The guest we thought we would have yesterday came late tonight. We are mostly providing free hotel space for an acquaintance of the Mr's. This person was traveling up through the mountains, and needed a place to stay before heading farther north to home. We stayed up even later, talking. I wish I had the energy of a younger person, because I am about ready to conk out after a long day of cooking, cleaning, and training. And honestly, I didn't do as much as I should have. Still, I was enjoying the conversation, until my body and brain conspired to propel me to bed.

I just hope I haven't made myself so tired that I won't be able to sleep. Yes, this is possible. It happens a lot. I'm worried it is going to happen now.

No comments:

Post a Comment