Saturday, February 13, 2021

Grandpa Day

Inspirational song: O-O-H Child (The Five Stairsteps)

Nope. Baby had way too much energy. She had to spend most of the day with her grandpa. I tried keeping up in the morning, but by noon I was used up. When she napped, I napped. When she woke, I was blissfully unaware. I tried holding her a few times, tried to convince her to pay attention to Wall-E on my TV. Didn't work. I did not have the grandma ju-ju today.

More's the pity that I didn't have enough go juice. That baby is growing and developing so fast, and it is still fun, even if it was hard for this old woman to keep pace. We got more of the maniacal laughter. I saw a full two seconds of standing without holding that involved a partial squat and stand. Unfortunately, she also is waist-deep in teething. She had some cranky pain for part of the day. Still glad she was here.

I am not sure whether we get more baby time tomorrow. If so, I will need to be a little more aggressive with my own pain management, and maybe zip out to the grocery store for some Anbesol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment