Wednesday, February 3, 2021

The Good Parts

Inspirational song: Evergreen (Barbra Streisand)

As soon as Grumpus started really interacting with us intentionally, I started looking forward to baby jokes. This is when a young toddler comes up and tells you something quite earnestly in gibberish, and then smiles and laughs at how clever they are. It is absolutely ridiculous, and it is the most fun you can imagine. I feel like we are finally fully engaged in that phase. 

We babysat today. She was energetic and talkative and loads of fun. When she was awake, she was charming, and when she slept, she was solidly out for a solid hour. As big as her appetite was, I expect a growth spurt is coming on. She ate baby food (carrot/mango and apple/avocado), plus more than half of the yogurt I got for my own snack. She stood at my feet every time she wanted more yogurt, and she used my yoga pants as a napkin. Repeatedly. She also helped me eat a bowl of popcorn, and got frustrated with waiting for me to pick out the hulls from the pieces I gave her, and she started just grabbing her own.

I don't know what is going wrong with videos in Facebook Messenger lately. My dad had trouble getting one I sent a couple of days ago, and for days now whenever we send them in the babysitting group chat, videos are cut off after 5 or 6 seconds, and sometimes there is no audio. I hope this is just an update gone wrong, that will be straightened out soon. Sending baby videos is just too important of a mental health aid to give up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment