Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sweet

Inspirational song: A Spoonful of Sugar (Mary Poppins)

How empty was my life before I found cleaning videos on YouTube. There is nothing finer than watching stuff get steamed or pressure washed. I turned my neighbor on to these videos after we watched the Fellowship of the Ring. I showed her both Detail Geek and the Polish guy who cleans area rugs. I haven't heard confirmation that she kept watching after I left, but she seemed pretty invested Friday night. My money says she did watch more of them.

I went over to the kids' house, to try and entertain the baby while they sorted out stuff in the garage to get rid of, before they get a new couch and chair (the old ones went in the garage until they can dispose of them properly.) I just didn't have a whole lot of energy to keep up with a strong, squirmy baby. I made it about two hours, mostly with the Grump in her bouncy chair, feeding her peanut butter poofs while 101 Dalmatians played on the TV above her. But eventually she got cranky as nap time approached, and I couldn't hang on to her well enough to get her calmed to sleep. I had to turn her over to her parents, and I headed home to rest.

I had planned to meet with my son-in-law on Friday to discuss the character I am developing to play in a game he designed. We each needed to postpone. I had promised to pick up some cinnamon rolls from my favorite all gluten free bakery for us to snack on while we talked. Now that our make-up date is for Monday, and the bakery is closed on Mondays, I decided to make my own. I had a recipe I made myself, but I'm not sure where the notebook I wrote it in ended up. Instead I used the yeast dough recipe I found for jelly donuts (specifically the Hanukkah kind). The dough was really wet, and I ended up adding a bunch of extra flour to make it where I could roll it out. I've left them rising overnight, in the baking dish in the fridge. I have no idea whether this will actually work, but I feel like it has a chance. Will bake in the morning, and maybe make a toffee glaze to pour over the top. I'm totally going to let the Grumpus taste some, even if I have to carefully pick out the pecan pieces, so she and her three teeth can manage them.

Now I'm back to car detailing pictures. Best way to fall asleep, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment