Thursday, February 4, 2021

One Dog Night

Inspirational song: Wouldn't It Be Nice (The Beach Boys)

At some point during the evening, while we were playing D&D via a Google hangout, and I was stretched out on the couch, wrestling a 60-something pound puppy who wanted to dig her elbows into all of my squishy parts, I sang a couple of bars of some song. It was relevant, vaguely, to whatever was happening during the game, and I thought it would be so clever to use for tonight as a real inspiration. But that was three hours and a deep glass of red wine ago. Instead, I'm lying under a ceiling fan, regretting my choice of warm pajamas, with the Beach Boys echoing in my head, probably because some commercial on TV used it. I have no idea what the clever, themed idea was. And now I just feel dumb.

We got our inspection objection from the condo buyers today. I'm finding it difficult to separate my broker role from my seller role after seeing the gigantic list of nit-picky crap they asked for, scattered between a couple of gigantic asks. I believe the buyers are parents getting a place for their child who will attend CU, and they are being overly protective, wanting to make it perfect for their baby. While I can understand, having made that sort of purchase twice--this unit and the other one in that building for the older daughter--I also really want to scream in frustration to get over it and let the kid live like a real college student. They're just going to abuse it, as will their friends who come over for parties. We know this, all of us who went to college. Or had apartments. Or ever stopped living with our parents. 

I wonder whether it would be a bad idea in the long run to open a window just a little. It's technically still above freezing out there. For now. If it cools off too much, there's always a floofy cat on my right and a floofy dog on my left.

No comments:

Post a Comment