Friday, February 26, 2021

Speak, Friend

Inspirational song: Misty Mountain Hop (Led Zeppelin)

Pretty sure it is a hard and fast rule among my people, that every year, sometimes more often than that, it is obligatory to review the major movie series in their entirety. This year of staying home has necessitated going through more of them than usual. The Mr and I are nearly through the Marvel movies. Infinity War is next. Last year, with T, we watched all of the Star Wars major releases, in time-line order. And this week, when T said he felt the need to start the Lord of the Ring movies, naturally we said yes. Heck, I immediately started asking what he wanted me to bring for dinner. (For the record, it was Frito pies.) For dessert, he crossed genres and made highly alcoholic butterbeer. Perhaps that should stand as a hint what series will follow in the spring.

It took me two full days of decompressing to crack open my laptop, and submit the last of my closing package. Hopefully it is complete, and I can get paid soon. If I hadn't needed so much time to rest, my commission would probably already be in my account. My own fault.

I'm typing during the Fellowship of the Ring. I haven't actually seen this one in many years. I'd rather pay attention than write. I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment