Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Getting Stuff Done

Inspirational song: Teacher Teacher (Rockpile)

Whoa, when did it get to be past midnight, and I'm still sitting here under a cat, in the same spot where I've been almost straight since 2 this afternoon? I thought being still for three hours taking a class was draining, yet here I remain, having only a short break to go to Walmart and to cuddle my grandbaby briefly on the way home. Now every part of me is sore and sleepy, and I'm facing a blank blog page. 

I've now made it through four hours of the nine CE credits I need for license renewal. Today's class was on form and contract changes for next year. I was proud of myself for staying focused through the whole thing. I took maybe six or seven pages of handwritten notes, as that is my most reliable method of imprinting lectures on my brain. I finally remembered the name of the online education company where I can find the last couple credits I need before the end of the month. I think I got this handled.

While I was learning about comission updates, the Mr was flinging strands of lights into our trees outside. This makes me happy. We were way behind most everyone else on the block, and now our house is bright and cheerful at night like theirs. Tomorrow we should have the tree up, and then I can wrap the gifts I have for Val and put them under it. I still have no idea what to do for everyone else. Thank goodness we are all mostly on the same page of neither wanting nor needing a bunch of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment