Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Procrastination

Inspirational song: Who Can It Be Now? (Men At Work)

Not sure whether my tinnitus is especially bad tonight, or is all my brain function just a loud, high-pitched dial tone? Somehow it seems fitting, at the end of a day where I accomplished exactly nothing on my final urgent list with deadlines 48 hours away from expiring. I still have not finished the last two credits for my license renewal, and that is the number one most important thing to do before midnight Friday. I almost started it just now, at almost midnight, with my ears ringing and my eyes heavy. I just have to buckle down and get it over with when I have my coffee in the morning. Don't let me forget.

Things are a lot quieter here tonight than they were last night. We are dog-sitting for a week, for TR, the handsome brown doggie of our long time friend (who was best man at our wedding a million years ago.) He is a sweet pup, but he doesn't understand why I don't want him inside the main part of the house. I don't want him to surprise one of the cats and lose an ear or worse. He has to sleep out in Murrayland. He whined for hours about it last night. This time he is conked out from playing all day. Saoirse and Murray have folded him in like he is one of the gang. Although Saoirse has been a little extra needy with me since he arrived. I ran up to the grocery store, just for New Years Day food, and she stood in front of the door when I put on my coat, giving me puppy dog eyes until I agreed to take her along for the ride with me. Don't worry, snugglepuss. You aren't being replaced, no matter how cute TR is.

No comments:

Post a Comment