Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Killer Candyman

Inspirational song: Hard Candy Christmas (Dolly Parton)

Game night was on the small side this week. Our neighbors are with family, both sets of kids were tired from work and holiday prep, and we just never heard from one of our semi-regulars. It was just us and our old college roommate playing a board game here. And what a game it was! This one passed the "is it fun enough to play a second time" test immediately. It was a grown-up take on Candyland, called Run for Your Life, Candyman. Rather than just good-naturedly drawing cards and advancing on the board, this one pits all players against each other in duels and passing attacks of opportunity. You hit each other until body parts are killed off, and then you tear that piece off of your score sheet for the victor to keep as a trophy. We absolutely loved it. We are looking forward to playing again with the larger group when that is possible again.

I have to admit I overdid it with my setup duties at the meeting yesterday. When I woke today, everything hurt. Not just sort of achy, but oh-what-a-tramadol-morning, oh-what-a-tramadol-day kind of hurt. I stayed still in the recliner for hours waiting for the pain pill to kick in. Eventually I had to move on to a muscle relaxer, which softened me up enough to do a few basic tasks. Good thing I had written in a flex day on my to-do list for this week. 

Now that the house is quiet and mostly dark, I can't stay awake another second. Time to rest up for a big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment