Friday, December 17, 2021

Seven of Nine

Inspirational song: School's Out (Alice Cooper)

My brain is full. This morning I finished the last CE class I had committed to this week. I still need two more credits in the next ten days (ish) before I renew my license. Technically I could probably go ahead and submit my payment to renew, but I have this outsized fear of checking the box that says I completed all twenty-four credits until it is absolutely true. Like the commission could jump through my computer and scream "prove it" as soon as I enter my credit card number. I think I need a day off before I sort out the last class. I'm apparently getting paranoid.

I took Saoirse in for her overdue booster shots this afternoon (after class and after a much-needed massage). I had called them in a panic on Wednesday when her face swelled up, after she had eaten a hornet or wasp, which are all still active because it is so freaky warm and snowless here. The soonest the vet would see her was today, so I spent Wednesday and Thursday hiding benadryls inside chunks of smoked sausage. When we went in for her appointment, her face was back to normal, but the vet said she didn't want to give her vaccines so soon after a major allergic reaction. They made me reschedule for next week. Like I don't have a million things to do before the holiday, but fine. I won't risk making my puppy react to a rabies vaccine.

They weighed her for the first time in many months. I honestly expected her to be heavier. Sure, I tell her every day that she is my dainty puppy, especially compared to her hefty brothers who got all the Pyrenees genes, where she got all the Aussie. They told me her sister Seven of Nine was the runt, but when we saw her last spring, she was bigger than Saoirse. Maybe not as big as Data and Lore, but bigger than my dainty girl. Saoirse was only ("only") 68 pounds this afternoon. Tiny baby.

(Photos from hornet sting day at the bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment