Thursday, December 2, 2021

New and Old Traditions

Inspirational song: Give Me a Squeeze, Please (Buckwheat Zydeco)

Everyone else seems to still be going at normal speed, but I sure needed a day in neutral. This time I stayed home while everyone else did stuff. The kids got a tour of which houses my parents had lived in previously in the Villages, and I took a nap. I made sure to wear my compression sleeves today and to apply a generous squeeze of diclofenac ointment to my sore leg. By evening I was restored enough to hang with the family again.

We watched a couple classic Christmas movies this evening. Just like last year, we got a couple photos of the baby when Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge shows up in Muppet Christmas Carol. I might see whether I can make that a series. I have a friend who has taken selfies of her and her son in front of the TV each year when Santa arrives in the Macy's parade, and I think that is a pretty cute tradition. This is our family's favorite holiday movie, so it makes sense that it could be our thing.

We had to search through all the different streaming apps to find a version of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation that wasn't only for an additional cost. Only HBOMax had it included. That surprised me that they didn't all have it for free, but everybody's got a make a buck, I guess. By the time we found it, the baby was taking a bath and trying to fall asleep in their little lanai sleeping den (photos are from the day we arrived). She didn't watch the movie with us. Most of those jokes go over her head anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment